Usha Martin’s Machinery division is located in Ranchi facility and manufactures a wide range of industrial machines including wire drawing machines, stranding machines, wire rope closing machines, Steel plant equipments, Material Handling Equipments, Machines for manufacturing bright bars, Machines for armouring and rewinding, Copper coating lines for CO2 welding wire manufacture.
Machinery Division is a regular source of equipment for various leading Wire, Rope and Cable companies in various parts of the world, including India, Thailand, Yugoslavia, U.K, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand.
It is equipped with a modern machine shop with a fleet of CNC turning centers and machining centers, dynamic balancing machines, sophisticated measuring & inspection facilities and a fabrication shop equipped with PUG cutting machine and SAW welding facilities. It includes facility for design and manufacturing of Electrical panels. It has highly skilled manpower to produce some of the best machines in the industry.
The Machinery Division of Usha Martin Group was established in Bangalore in the year 1974 to manufacture Wire Drawing and allied machines. This unit was later relocated to Ranchi during the year 2003.
The Machinery Division was started originally with Technical Collaboration from M/s. Marshall Richards Barrow of U.K. It has also collaborated with internationally reputed firms like Soberer Maschinenfabrik, Germany; Redaelli Tecna Meccanica, Italy and De-Angeli Industrie SPA, Italy and HI-Draw Machinery Ltd, U.K.
Wire Drawing machine (wet)
- Used for drawing fine wires and have the dies submerged in fatty soap solution, which acts as a lubricant as well as coolant.
- Very compact and thus does not need much space
Wire drawing machine (dry- Bull bloc)
- Used particularly for production of large wire sizes for small batch quantities.
Wire drawing machine (dry- double bloc)
- Used for high speed drawing of ferrous wires
- Ideal for applications of high carbon steel, spring and tyre bead wires and low carbon steel netting, fencing, nails and welding wires
- Excellent cooling of wire between reductions. No axial twist of wires between blocks
- High spindle efficiency
Wire drawing machine (dry – OTO)
- Used for a variety of applications including PC wires, HCS wires, Stainless Steel and Non-Ferrous wires
Wire drawing machine (dry-Dancer controlled either limited or full)
- Machine designed for high performance, reliability and ease of maintenance
Tubular stranding and closing machine
- The machines are rugged in construction and offer near trouble-free operation with higher shop floor efficiency
Planetary stranding machine
- Multi layer strand can be produced
- Improved compactness
- Sound proof guard with cooling provision
- Latest generation digital AC vector drive
Bar peeling machines
- Common bar-to-bar, coil-to-bar and coil-to-coil operation for bright bar manufacturing
- Space-saving and compact design
- Suitable for in-line use or as a separate unit combined with a handling system
- Cost-effective design by manual adjustments
- High Speed High Productivity Rod Breakdown Machine
Steel Plant Equipment
- Roller Tables
- Coil Conveyor Systems
- Cooling Troughs
- Special Purpose Machines
- Steel plant spares