Usha Martin is one of the world’s leading manufacturer of wire rope. Established in the year 1960, today Usha Martin is a multi-unit and multi-product organisation. The wire rope manufacturing facilities located in Ranchi, Hoshiarpur, Dubai, Bangkok and UK produce one of the widest range of wire ropes in the world. The infrastructural facilities are equipped with the latest state-of-the-art high capacity machines to manufacture world-class products. Our Global R&D center located in Italy, is actively engaged in designing of wire ropes and uses proprietary design software to develop products that are the best in class. Usha Martin also has a comprehensive R&D facility in their manufacturing unit at Ranchi in India. Long standing application in diverse sectors like Oil & Offshore, Mining, Crane, Elevator, Infrastructure etc. is the testimony of our expertise in manufacturing high quality wire rope products. As a business entity, we have always focussed on delivering value added products and services to our customers. To ensure that our commitment to quality percolates through every sphere of our operations, we have built a robust network of capabilities spread across the globe. Our distribution centers are located in the UK, North America, South America, Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Indonesia, Vietnam, China, Kazakhstan and Iran. Usha Martin’s facility at Ranchi is one of the world’s largest wire rope manufacturing facility under one roof. Other than wire rope, this unit manufactures LRPC strands, customised to have diversified application in Infrastructure, Renewable energy installations, Bridges etc. Usha Martin have enriched experience in manufacturing & supply of pre-stressing machines & accessories, backed-up by expert installation teams for Pre-stressing job. The unit has an additional set-up for manufacturing conveyor cord and machineries at Ranchi. The group’s cable business unit located at Silvassa in India, UM Cables Ltd., manufacture high class Optical fibre cables, Copper cables, FRP rods etc. For specific products, Usha Martin have collaborations with globally reputed companies like Gustav Wolf of Germany, Joh Pengg of Austria and TESAC wire rope of Japan.
The company’s vision is “To be the global leader of the wire rope industry by delivering customer delight, adopting modern technology and ensuring sustainable, inclusive growth for all of its stakeholders.”
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND KEY MANAGERIAL PERSONNEL
- Mr. Brij K Jhawar – Director
- Mr.Brij K Jhawar, Director, is a science graduate and one of the founders of the Usha Martin Group. He did his Mechanical Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and was granted Diploma of Fellowship of The Institution of Engineers (India) in the year 1987 for his outstanding contribution to the progress and advancement of the mechanical engineering fraternity. He is a great believer in human values and human resources development. He is very conscious of industries’ social obligations and is actively involved with Krishi Gram Vikas Kendra as its Vice President.
- MR. VENKATACHALAM RAMAKRISHNA IYER – NOMINEE
- Mr. Venkatachalam has been associated with State Bank of India (SBI) since 1974 and has held various positions within SBI. He has rich experience in finance and banking matters.
- Mr. Mukesh Rohatgi – Director
- Mr. Mukesh Rohatgi is a B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and MBA from Faculty of Management Studies from University of Delhi. Mr. Rohatgi has over three decades of experience in project engineering and oil & gas industry and has been associated with leading corporate houses like Essar Group, Hindustan Prefab Limited, Bharat Forge Limited. He was Chairman and Managing Director of Engineers India Limited and prior to joining Engineers India Limited he was Director (Refineries) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited. He is presently associated with Korus Engineering Services Private Limited.
- Mr. Rajeev Jhawar – Managing Director
- Mr. Rajeev Jhawar, Managing Director, is a Commerce Graduate. He has been associated with the Group for more than a decade and brings with him rich experience in the administration of industrial enterprises. Mr. Jhawar also underwent Management Development Course at London Businesses School.
- Mr. P.K. Jain – Joint Managing Director
- Mr. P.K Jain, Joint Managing Director, is B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and MBA (General Management & Finance). Mr. Jain commands rich experience in operations, project implementation, product marketing, brand building, setting up dealers and distribution networks apart from in fields of production, maintenance quality cost optimization etc. He has widely traveled across various locations during his professional career.
- MR VIJAY SINGH BAPNA- DIRECTOR
- Mr. Bapna is a Master of Commerce from University of Udaipur, Rajasthan and also a qualified Chartered Accountant. Mr. Vijay Singh Bapna is presently on the Boards of various corporates. During his illustrious corporate career Mr. Bapna has been associated with corporates like Aditya Birla Group, Essar Group of Companies, Ispat Industries, Reliance Petroleum, Vedanta Group, Indorama Group and Welspun Group in various senior capacities both in India and abroad. He has over four decades of experience which tranverses accounts, costing and taxation, project implementation and plant operation. Mr. Bapna has been the recipient of various awards like Udyog Ratna Award, Rajiv Gandhi Rashtriya Ekta Award, etc.
- MRS RAMNI NIRULA-DIRECTOR
- Mrs. Ramni Nirula holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Delhi University. She has more than four decades of experience in the financial sector and has held various leadership positions in the areas of Project Financing, Strategy, Planning and Resources and Corporate Banking. Mrs. Nirula was the Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Securities Ltd. and also headed the Corporate Banking Group of ICICI Bank. She retired as Senior General Manager of ICICI Bank Limited. She was part of top management team instrumental in transforming ICICI Bank from a term lending institution into technology led diversified financial services group with a strong presence in India’s retail financial services market. In the past she has been on the Boards of numerous corporates such as Jindal Steel, Eveready Industries, McLeod Russel, Jubilant Foodworks, Goldman Sachs Trustee Company, etc. She is currently on the Boards of listed entities like DCM Shriram Limited, PI Industries Limited, CG Power and Industries Solution Limited and HEG Limited.
- MR ANIRBAN SANYAL – Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Anirban Sanyal is a Commerce graduate from Calcutta University and a qualified Chartered Accountant from ICAI. He joined Usha Martin Limited in the year 2016 and presently is also the Finance Controller of the Company. He has about 20 years of experience in finance and accounting operations. He has extensive experience in areas like Business Control, Corporate Taxation, Financial Analysis, Group Financial Reporting, Taxation Strategy and Planning, Management Reporting, Legal and Regulatory Affairs. Prior to his joining Usha Martin Limited he was associated with organisations of international repute such as Price Waterhouse, KPMG, World Bank, Outotec India, etc.
- Mrs. Shampa Ghosh Ray – Company Secretary
- Mrs. Shampa Ghosh Ray is a Commerce Graduate with a degree in Law. She is also an Associate Member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. She has over 18 years of corporate experience in secretarial and legal matters and has worked with large corporate houses like Apollo Hospitals, Appejay, Watsila India and Kesoram Industries.
The company has a long history of more than 50 years. Since its inception, the company has been continuously adopting modern technologies in its manufacturing process and expanding its global presence to ensure close proximity to customer. A glimpse of year wise history is listed below:
The company is a global giant in wire rope industry, with facilities in India (near Ranchi and Hoshiarpur, Punjab), Worksop (UK), Aberdeen (UK), Rotterdam (The Netherlands), Dubai (UAE) and Bangkok (Thailand). To remain close to the customers, the company has a wide network of offices in India, USA, Europe, UAE, China, South East Asia and Australia. The company’s facilities are equipped with world class machines and equipment to ensure the best quality products for its customers. These products find diverse applications such as oil & gas, mining, crane, elevator, mining aerial, structural etc. Some renowned projects where company has supplied its wire rope include Lion’s gateway bridge(Canada), Vidyasagar setu bridge(Kolkata,India), World’s highest oil pipeline(Papua & New Guinea) etc.
Manufacturing Facilities for Wire/Wire-rope products
- Ranchi, India (Wire Ropes & Speciality Products Division)
- Usha Martin facility at Tatisilwai near Ranchi is one of the world’s largest wire rope manufacturing facility under one roof. Spread across an area of 500 acres, this facility employs more than 1,700 people.Along with Wire Rope, this unit produces Wires, LRPC Strands, Cords, OT Wires, Slings, Pre Stressing Products and Engineering Machines. The plant is equipped with a complete range of facilities such as Patenting, Galvanizing, Drawing, Stranding, and Closing machines for manufacturing of Wire, Strand, Wire Rope and Cord.The facility is certified with ABS Manufacturing Certification, ABS Certificate for design assessment, API Certificate, DNV Certificate, ISO 9001 – 2008 (ANAB, UKAS), ISO 14001, Lloyd’s Certificate, NABL Certificate for Mechanical Test & NABL Certificate for Chemical Test. The in-house rope design facilities and testing facilities help this unit to continuously improve the quality of ropes manufactured.This facility received TPM certification from Japanese Institute of Plant Maintenance and is working towards TQM (Total Quality Management).
- Ranchi, India (Pengg Usha Martin Wires Private Limited)
- This facility near Ranchi, India, to produce Oil Tempered Wire, primarily used in Automotive Industry, is a joint venture between Joh-Pengg of Austria and Usha Martin Limited. The product size ranges from 1.4 mm to 10 mm. The company is well equipped with facilities like shaving line, oil tempering, testing line, patenting, wire drawing, packing etc. The continuous oil tempering process optimizes wire properties and results in a stress-relieved, homogenous wire structure with no deformation texture. The wires produced from this process provide excellent fatigue life and reliability even at elevated operating temperatures and a high resistance against relaxation.The wires find application in engine valve springs, clutch springs, springs for fuel injection systems, damper springs, die springs, etc.Read More
- Hoshiarpur, India (Wire & Wire Rope Division, North)
- Known for producing high quality wires and wire ropes, the Hoshiarpur facility of Usha Martin produces a wide range of products including Detonator wires, CO2 Welding wires, PC wires, CHQ wires, GI wires, Needle wires, CA wires, Spring Steel wires, Mattress wires, Shutter wires, Tiller wires and wire ropes (both Galvanized and Un-galvanized wire rope).
- Worksop, UK (Brunton Shaw UK)
- Brunton Shaw UK, a subsidiary of Usha Martin, is a manufacturer of high quality wire ropes for a wide range of applications. This facility, located at Worksop in UK, has more than 100 years of experience in wire rope manufacturing.
- Aberdeen, UK (European Manegement and Marine Corporation Limited)
- European Management & Marine Corporation (EMM Corp), UK, part of Usha Martin Group, is one of the largest providers of wire rope, supplying worldwide full range of wire rope products, shackles, slings, lifting and rigging gear including marine mooring equipment and anchoring systems.It is a one-stop service company, also offering heavy spooling services, proof testing and inspection facilities, full rigging shop services covering pressed terminations from 3mm diameter up to 102mm diameter and wire rope socketing.
- Rotterdam, Holland (De Ruiter Staalkabel BV)
- De Ruiter Staalkabel, a trusted name in wire rope products and services is a group company of Usha Martin, offers a wide range of services including mobile spooling, tensioning, load testing, break testing, Inspection, Testing & Certification services.Its mobile spooling winches can handle reel weights from 7 ton till 150 ton. The tensioner is equipped to install crane and winch wires under a pretension of max 40 ton. Load testing and break testing can be executed on 300 ton LRS approved testing bench. In addition, De Ruiter offers Inspection, Testing and Certification of Hoisting and Lifting equipment.
- Dubai, UAE (Brunton Wolf, Wire Ropes FZCO)
- A sound logistics advantage due to its geographical location and supported by a large efficient port like Jebel Ali, enables the Dubai facility to supply ropes faster at all parts of the world. This facility under Brunton Wolf, a company formed by Usha Martin and Gustav Wolf of Germany, produces wire ropes including compacted & plasticated ropes.
- Bangkok, Thailand(Usha Siam Steel industries Public Company Limited)
- The Bangkok facility, under Usha Siam Steel Industries Limited (USSIL), is the largest wire and wire rope manufacturing company of Thailand. USSIL was incorporated in 1980 and today the company manufactures a wide range of products such as Steel Wire Rope, Auto Cables, Fine Rope, Strands and Specialty Wires that find applications in piling, oil & gas drilling, elevator, crane and hoist, fishing, auto cable, braded cable, highway guard rope, garage door rope.
Global Design Center, Italy
Usha Martin’s global design centre in Italy develops wire ropes that exceed customer’s expectations and provide customers the benefits of technical developments in wire rope industry. Besides rope design and testing, the centre is actively engaged in providing technical assistance in the form of evaluating customer concept design of new equipment, conducting training for customers about rope properties, and managing special tests required by customers. The proprietary design software used by the centre enables us to provide products that are the best in class. The centre is the hub for integrating and distributing know-how in various facilities of the company so that the customer always gets a consistent quality of product and technical services from Usha Martin and its group companies.
Silvassa, Western India (UM Cables Limited)
UM Cables is a dedicated manufacturer and exporter of high quality Cables. It produces various types of cables including Optical Fiber Cable, Jelly Filled Copper Cable, Aerial Cable, Aerial Copper Cable, Duct Copper Cable, Multimode Fiber Cable, etc. Set up in 1987, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Usha Martin Limited and is located at Silvassa, Western India. The products find wide usage in industries like information technology, electronics and telecommunication.Read More
With a global network spread all across the world, Usha Martin understands the local demand and provides best services catering to customer’s requirements.